Advanced Financial Strategies (FAP)
|Kod Erasmus / ISCED:||
|Nazwa przedmiotu:||Advanced Financial Strategies (FAP)|
|Jednostka:||Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie|
Elective courses for FAP - masters
|Punkty ECTS i inne:||
6.00 (zmienne w czasie)
Investment Decisions: Emphasis is placed on optimal portfolio selection; the determinants of expected rates of return in financial markets; and the evaluation of relevant empirical research. Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Risk Management. Financial Planning for Mergers and Acquisitions. International Financial Decisions.
1. To understand the international financial environment.
2. To learn the various advanced hedging methods used for protecting against interest risk and foreign exchange risk.
- Investment Decisions: Emphasis is placed on optimal portfolio selection; the determinants of expected rates of return in financial markets; and the evaluation of relevant empirical research. Much attention is devoted to the capital asset pricing model and the arbitrage pricing theory. Special topics such as performance evaluation and trading costs will also be covered.
- Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Risk Management: This course examines international financial markets, institutions, and instruments undertaking simple arbitrage, speculation and risk management strategies. Topics include the nature of foreign exchange risk; the determination of spot and forward exchange rates and interest rates; the returns to foreign investments in external currency and in bond and stock markets; the management of foreign exchange risk with forward markets and foreign currency option markets; the dynamics of balance of payments with a focus on understanding international capital flows, country debt and exchange rate fluctuations. This course will emphasize financial risk management using external methods of hedging.
- Financial Planning for Mergers and Acquisitions. This course discusses motivations and strategies; valuation; friendly and hostile purchases of businesses; sales of businesses; takeover defence; leveraged re-capitalisations and buyouts; legal, accounting and tax considerations from both a domestic and international perspective. The focus will be on identifying schemes for restructuring and the issues involved in the decision process.
- International Financial Decisions: This course primarily uses a case-approach to analyse a variety of decisions in the international financial environment.
Kaplan Publishing Foulks Lynch: ACCA P4, Study Text, and Exam Kit.
1. International Finance and Investment Published by the Chartered Institute of Bankers.
2. Management of Company Finance, 6th Edition, by J.M Samuels, F.M. Wilkes and R.E Brayshaw published by Thomson Business Press.
3. Financial Management Theory and Practice, 9th Edition, by Eugene F. Brigham, Louis C. Capenski, Michael C. Ehrhardt ? The Dryden Press, ISBN 0-03-024399-8
4. Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, 6th Edition, by Frank K. Reilly, Keith C. Brown, The Dryden Press - ISBN 0-03-025809.
|Efekty uczenia się:||
1. knows how to appraise domestic and international capital investment opportunities and will be able to calculate cost of capital using advanced models
2. knows various Interest Rate and Foreign Exchange Risk hedging techniques
3. has knowledge on multinational capital budgeting, international transfer pricing, financial control and international cash management.
Students is able to:
1. understand better the international financial environment
2. learn the various advanced hedging methods used for protecting against interest risk
3. learn the various advanced hedging methods used for protecting against foreign exchange risk.
1. understand ethical requirements in the area of finance
2. be able to operate in a team of finance and accounting professionals.
|Metody i kryteria oceniania:||
egzamin tradycyjny-pisemny: 100.00%
Zajęcia w cyklu "Semestr zimowy 2021/22" (zakończony)
Zajęcia w cyklu "Semestr letni 2021/22" (zakończony)
Zajęcia w cyklu "Semestr zimowy 2022/23" (w trakcie)
Zajęcia w cyklu "Semestr letni 2022/23" (jeszcze nie rozpoczęty)
Właścicielem praw autorskich jest Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie.