- Elements, stakeholders, dimensions and areas of business environment.
- Impact on managerial strategic choices.
- Risk in strategic management and methods of its reduction.
Company strategic segmentation methods:
- Principles of industrial sector defining.
- Segmentation principles.
- Strategic business units (SBU) separation in a company activity.
Methods of industry attractiveness analysis:
- Theories of industry.
- Product, and technology life cycles.
- Attractiveness assessment method.
Competitive analysis in industry:
- Maps of strategic groups in sectors.
- Industry structure analysis.
- Fragmented and concentrated sectors.
- Resistance both excessive industry fragmentation and concentration.
M. Porter's five competitive forces that shape any industry:
- Threats analysis of new entry into an industry.
- Entry and exit barriers. Entry profitability analysis.
- Analysis of substitutes. Principles of an industry defense from substitutes.
- Segmentation and analysis of industry suppliers and buyers. Principles of impact reduction of both suppliers and buyers on an industry.
Presentation and assessment of various methods of a company strategic potential analysis:
- Key success factors.
- Value chain analysis.
- Strategic balance of a firm.
Assessment of a firm's competitive position.
Resources and competences as sources of competitive advantages:
- Resources as competitive advantage.
- Types and sources of strategic resources.
- Managerial strategic information.
Competitive models review:
- Essence of enterprise competitiveness.
- Types of competitive advantages and methods of building them up.
- Issues related to competitive strategy implementation systems.
- Strategic controlling.
- Business models theory and fundamentals.
- Shaping business models.
- Business models vs. competitive strategies.